Before accessing and using the Barclays Stockbrokers website, you should read these terms and conditions (“Terms”). These Terms set out how you may use this website (the “Site”) and its content. By accessing the Site you agree to be bound by these Terms.
The term “Barclays”, “us” or “we” when used in the Terms refers to Barclays Stockbrokers, Barclays Bank PLC and its affiliated companies worldwide.
Use of the Site
1. You may not gain access to or use the Site:
- For any purpose that is unlawful, in breach of regulation or is prohibited by the Terms
- In any manner that could directly or indirectly damage or otherwise interfere with the Site or any other website, application or platform owned or controlled by Barclays
- In any manner which may result in reputational damage or loss to us and/or any other user of the Site
- In any manner that could interfere with any other user's ability to access the Site or any other website, application or platform owned or controlled by Barclays
2. You agree at all times to use the Site with utmost good faith and in accordance with the Terms.
3. We may, in our sole discretion, terminate your access to or use of the Site for any reason, including, without limitation, where we believe you have not acted in accordance with these Terms.
4. The Site gives indicative and delayed prices except where the contrary is stated for dealing. The indicative prices are provided by independent third party providers, Financial Express Ltd and Digital Look Ltd who are not part of the Barclays Group. The provision of and your use of this information may be subject to separate terms with these third party providers.
5. Valuations on the Site are provided for information only and Barclays makes no representations or warranties with respect to them. They are not an offer to enter into, transfer and assign or terminate any transaction, or a commitment by Barclays to make such an offer. An indicative valuation may differ substantially from an actionable value
6. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the Site is available at all times, on occasion the Site may be suspended or discontinued for (i) technical reasons (for example system maintenance), (ii) force majeure (for example natural events/disasters and terrorism) and/or (iii) legal or regulatory reasons (for example, as a result of exceptional market conditions). Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of circumstances. Where possible, we will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or discontinuance of the Site, but it may not always be possible to do so and beyond our control in the circumstances.
7. The Site may only be used by you and nobody else may use your login or password on your behalf, unless we agree otherwise.
Our liability to you
8. Other than as provided in these Terms, we shall only be liable to you for direct losses you may suffer, in respect of the Site and its contents, in respect of access to, use of, browsing in or linking to other sites from the Site or your use or inability to use the Site, only to the extent it results from our breach of our duties or liabilities under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, willful default of these Terms, negligence or fraud.
9. We will accept no liability for loss of any profit, goodwill or reputation, expenses or losses arising out of, or in connection with any error, omission, defect, computer virus or system failure, of whatever nature howsoever arising.
10. Barclays makes no representations that materials on the Site are appropriate for use in all locations, or those transactions, securities, products, investments, instruments or services discussed on the Site are available or appropriate for sale or use in all jurisdictions, or by all investors or counterparties.
11. Access to the Site is at your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws and regulations.
In accordance with applicable law and regulation and to meet our obligations to you:
12. Barclays may monitor electronic communications. By accessing and using the Site, you acknowledge and consent to the electronic recording (including taping) of any communication, electronic or otherwise, between you and Barclays or its representatives or agents by means of the Site.
14. Data you provide to us through the Site may be used by Barclays . You agree to the recording, retention and use by Barclays (as reasonably required to perform its obligations to you at law and regulation) of information and data that you input whilst using the Site.
15. Save as stated in these Terms, we cannot accept any responsibility for the unauthorised access by a third party and/or the corruption of data being sent by individuals to the Barclays group. Some countries prohibit transmission of encrypted data over telephone lines.
16. We will keep your information confidential. We will not sell, lease or market your personal information or personalised data to companies outside the Barclays Group. Your information will only be used, stored or disclosed as agreed with you and in accordance with applicable law or regulation. Where we are required to disclose your information pursuant to a Court Order or regulation, we will not seek your consent to do so beforehand or provide you with notice of this.
Material to be Consulted in its Entirety
18. All materials on the Site are meant to be reviewed in their entirety, including any terms and conditions footnotes, legal disclaimers, restrictions or disclosures, and any copyright or proprietary notices. WE ASK THAT YOU READ THESE CAREFULLY. Any disclaimers, restrictions, disclosure or hedge clauses apply to any partial document or material in the same manner as they do the whole, and will be deemed incorporated in the portion of any material or document that you consult or download
19. Information contained on the Site may not otherwise be used, reproduced, distributed, published or transmitted by any means to any other person or incorporated in any way into another document or other material, without Barclays’ express permission.
20. The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the Site are trademarks of Barclays, and in limited cases of other owners.
21. Nothing on the Site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any image, trademark, logo or service mark on the Site. No act of downloading or otherwise copying from the Site will transfer title to any software or material on the Site to you.
22. No information on the Site may be used for an unlawful purpose, and you shall comply with any request from Barclays to protect their or any third party providers’ rights in the information.
23. As between you and us, we own, solely and exclusively, all rights, title and interest in and to the Site, and its content. We also own the look and feel, design and organization of the Site, and the compilation of the content, code, data and materials on the Site, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, database rights, moral rights, sui generis rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein.
Countries from which you may access the Site
24. The Site should only be accessed from the UK, and is not intended for distribution or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where the publication or availability of the Site or such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
25. You should not access the Site or information on the Site if you know that your access would contravene applicable local, national or international laws.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
26. The Terms, will be governed by the laws of England and Wales
27. Both we and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising under these Terms.