Open an International Trader account
To open an International Trader account you need to have a Barclays MarketMaster® account to link it to.
A MarketMaster® account allows you to trade UK equities, and an International Trader account is an add-on that lets you trade international equities. Before you apply, make sure you understand the rates and charges.
Don’t have a MarketMaster® account:
- Apply for a MarketMaster® account using the link below
- Once your MarketMaster® account is opened, simply come back to this page
- Open your International Trader account, choosing between an individual or joint account option.
Remember, the value of investments can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you invest.
Already got a MarketMaster® account:
- Get your 13-digit MarketMaster® portfolio number to hand (e.g. 401/12345678/91)
- Choose whether you’re opening an individual or joint International Trader account via the links below
- Complete your application in 3 simple steps.
Remember, the value of investments can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you invest. The value of international equity investments may also be affected by currency fluctuations.
Note – if your circumstances have changed since opening your MarketMaster® account we may need additional information from you. If so, we will contact you by telephone within 48 hours. Once we have verified that all of your details are up to date, you will receive an email within 48 hours with the information you need to get started.